76 ItK/27 Bofors
This anti-aircraft cannon with a fixed gun carriage was the weapon of the first 4-gun heavy anti-aircraft battery purchased by Finland. The cannons started their anti-aircraft service in December 1927. A second batch of four cannons was introduced in September 1929.
These two batteries served in the Vyborg air defence at the beginning of the Winter War. The fixed stations were located south of Vyborg in Pappilanniemi and Leppäsaari. At the beginning of the Winter War, two of the cannons were issued to the Länsi-Musta battery in Suomenlinna. In February 1940, all the cannons were transferred from Vyborg to Helsinki, where they were stationed at Suomenlinna and Taivaskallio. The cannons were phased out by 1966.
Manufacturer: Bofors Ab, Sweden
Calibre: 76.2 mm
Muzzle velocity: 810 m/s
Effective range: 6000 m
Rate of fire: 12–15 rounds per minute
Travelling weight: 4350 kg
Firing weight: 2850 kg