The Muurila Lilac
The first Finnish Artillery training grounds were located in the village of Muurila. The village was near the town of Koivisto (modern Primorsk) directly south-east from the town. Between 1929 – 1939, Anti-Aircraft artillery also conducted training there. This lilac was brought from Muurila and re-planted to the museum grounds in 2012 to remind us from the place, where a generation of AA-Artillerymen trained for their tasks before the Winter War.
The location of Muurila with present and historical borders: